Sunday, December 24, 2006

Scots shoppers .....

We are back in Sydney and I'm catching up with the news. Oh the joy, the luxury, of Nick's wireless broadband connection! This BBC article caught my eye. Obviously my daughter is not alone in hitting the Scottish shops!

Scots shoppers are on target to spend billions of pounds during one of the retail industry's busiest periods.This year's Christmas is expected to be worth around £2.4bn to Scottish retailers, according to new figures.Buchanan Galleries in Glasgow, one of the country's largest shopping centres, attracted almost 200,000 shoppers in one weekend.Retail experts said business was exceeding expectations and was picking up in the run-up to Christmas Day.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Retail rush hits Scotland's shops

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for that!! It was not possible to get a parking space at the shopping centre at 9.45am on Friday 21st!!

axx said...

Wow! You are quick off the mark :-) Now what was that about the early bird .....

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, I was there at 8.15am! Old habits and all that!!! :-)

axx said...

Thats my girl :0)